In today’s blog post our objective is to prepare one of the most nutritious and delicious foods we can come across while traveling to Asia or visiting Turkey / Russia. This is not to say you can enjoy this recipe only when you travel but to let you know where you’re likely to find this dolma recipe. You should be tired of eating the same kind of meals daily. Let’s go international LOL! If you’re a lover of good foods, you’ll definitely love to try this amazing food. "Dolma" which means "stuffed", is a meal prepared with rice, it is spicy and can be enjoyed anywhere, anytime.
After reading this article, you should be able to prepare a tasty Turkish dolma at home for yourself or the family. So without wasting time, this is what you need to prepare dolma.
Ingredients (What You Need)
- 1 water glass of rice
- 10 medium-sized sweet green peppers
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste or pepper paste
- A bunch of parsley
- A bunch of dills
- Half water glass of oil (olive oil)
- 1 tomato to use on the top of the green peppers.
- 100g. minced meat (optional)
- teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional, if you prefer a sweet taste)
- black pepper
- Wash your sweet green peppers nicely
- Cut the top of your sweet green peppers and take out the seeds.
- Wash and sieve your rice nicely
- Place your pan on the stove and pour in some (olive) oil.
- Cut the onions into sizeable portions and put them into your pan with oil and stir slowly until the onions are half cooked or when it begins to change color then add the minced meat and keep cooking them until the water of the meat is absorbed.
- Cut 2 tomatoes into oval shapes, add parsley, dill in very small portions to the onion and meat combination. Add your preferred paste and the spices. Then, add your washed and sieved rice and mix the combination until they blend nicely.
- Take and fill each of your sweet green peppers fully and cover them with the oval-shaped tomato
- Align the filled peppers on the baking tray in lying (erected) position then pour in the try some hot water till the water reaches half the height level of the peppers.
- Put the tray in the oven, set to 150℃ and in 40 minutes your delicious Dolma will be ready to serve.
Serve it with lemon slices or Turkish yogurt if you prefer. Bon Apettite! Don't forget to subscribe.